Dogs are an essential part of our lives as pet owners. We need them close at least once throughout the day or spend some quality time with them to get some love and peace in return. This is one such animal that understands you more than humans can and rains you with the purest form of love and loyalty ever witnessed on the face of this earth.
As they are our favorite, we want the best for our dogs in terms of their health and well-being. However, a tiny notch on their skin or fluctuations in their health pains our hearts and keeps us worried. Consequently, when it comes to taking care of their health, one aspect often gets ignored – their ears. Dog’s ears are one of the most active parts of their body where they need to keep track of every noise coming from the surroundings. Being an active part and full of sound waves down the ear canal, earwax often gets stored inside. Unfortunately, the ear wax prevents them from hearing correctly and causes itchiness in their ears. In this article, we will look at the best ear drops you can use for your beloved pet, and also discuss the benefits and their applications.
So come, let’s dip our toes in it!
The Best Ear Drops For Dogs
- Zymox Pet King Brand Otic Pet Ear Treatment
- BEXLEY LABS: Curaseb Cat & Dog Ear Infection Treatment
- BEXLEY LABS: Curaseb Cat & Dog Ear Infection Treatment- 8oz
- Virbac EPIOTIC Advanced Ear Cleanser
- PetHonesty OTIC Dog Ear Cleaner
- Burt’s Bees for Dogs Natural Ear Cleaner
- NaturPet Ear Drops for Dogs & Cats
- VETNIQUE LABS Oticbliss Medicated
- Paws of Kerry: Dog Ear Cleaner
- Arava Natural Ear Infection Treatment
|Zymox Pet||• Ear care for dogs and cats|
• Solution provides a safe
• No pre-cleaning of painful ears required
|Bexley Labs||• Treats Ear Infections|
• No Sting Veterinary Formula
• Made in the USA
|Bexley Labs:8oz||• Treats Ear Infections|
• No Sting Veterinary Formula
• Made in the USA
|Virbac Epiotic||• Non-irritating solution|
• Recommended for pets
• It has a low pH
|Pet Honesty Otic||• Easy-To-Use Otic Ear Cleanser|
• Help Stop Ear Itching
• Healthier Dog Happier You
|Burt's Bees||• Cleans And Soothes Dog's Ears|
• EasyTo Use
• Suitable For All Dogs And Puppies
|Natur Pet Ear Drops||• 100% Natural herbs|
• Safe for sensitive skin
• Warm drops to soothe pain
|Vetnique Labs||• The product contains aloe vera|
• Solution provides a safe
• No pre-cleaning of painful ears required
|Paws of Kerry||• Non-irritating ear cleaning solution|
• Gets rid of stinky ears
• Few drops give itching skin relief
|Arava Natural||• See Results In Just 10 Days|
• Natural Active Ingredients
• Treat Chronic Ear Inflammation
It is essential to find out the best ear drops available in the market because you would not want to use any random ear drops for your four-legged buddy. Do not worry, as your search ends right here! Following is a curated list of the best ear drops for dogs that you can purchase for giving your dog a clean and healthy living. Let us find out what they are:
1. Zymox Pet King Brand Otic Pet Ear Treatment
How can we begin the discussion concerning the best ear drops for dogs without mentioning Zymox Pet king? The otic pet ear treatment drops launched by Zymox gained immense popularity among pet lovers for their effectiveness and results. The presence of Hydrocortisone propels the work rate of the ear drop that ensures all the germs in your beloved dog’s ear get cleared.
- The ear drop is suitable for both dogs and cats. The primary objective of the Zymox Pet King Brand Otic Pet Eardrop is to treat any infection present inside the ear canal or the drum.
- The redness or inflammation around your pet’s ear finds a remedy in the Zymox pet ear drops.
- The no-sting formula of the ear drop makes it gentle for your dog’s sensitive ears.
- When you opt for this ear drop, you do not require any oral medication for your pet to tackle the infection. These drops are more than enough with the presence of Hydrocortisone to reduce the itching problems.
- You need not clean your dog’s ear before applying the ear drop. Just put in the drop dosage recommended by the vet and let it seep in.
- The Zymox Pet King ear drop comes with the Patented LP3 Enzyme System that facilitates the cleaning of ear secretions and boosts the chances of healthy dog ears.
Also Read: Big Dog Breeds That Don’t Shed A Lot
2. BEXLEY LABS: Curaseb Cat & Dog Ear Infection Treatment
Next on the list of best ear drops for dogs comes the Curaseb antiseptic ear flush. Bexley labs launched this high-quality ear drop to treat the ear ailments of different pets, especially dogs. The ear drop is highly effective in treating severe ear infections among dogs, owing to its antibiotic composition.
- As mentioned earlier, the ear drop is a remedy against infections. Besides treating conditions, it helps in reducing inflammation and redness around your pet’s ears. The itching issues that make them use their paw would also find a way out.
- Any unwanted insects that might enter your dog’s ear will flush out, courtesy of the Curaseb dog ear infection treatment.
- The ear drop helps flush away all the dirt and ear wax stuck inside your dog’s ear canal. Besides removing the sticky discharge, the ear gets a better odor.
- The No Sting Veterinary Formula makes it safe for use among dogs.
- The product gets manufactured in the USA in small batches. This is more of a verdict for its high quality.
- You can use it on your dog after giving them good baths. Even after swimming, such a product comes in handy to clean the wax and dirt.
3. BEXLEY LABS: Curaseb Cat & Dog Ear Infection Treatment- 8oz
The 8oz squeezer from Bexley labs is another wonder in this field of best ear drops for dogs. The Curaseb Cat & Dog Ear Infection Treatment is a perfect blend of all the chemicals and other salt requisites that helps in giving relief to your pet. All you need to do is apply the drop dosage your doctor recommended and see the results.
- It helps your dog get rid of all the ear infection that gives him a hard time.
- The ear drop liquid facilitates the reduction of inflammation and redness in and around the ears.
- All the ear wax, biofilms, and other toxins get flushed out of the ear canal once you squeeze a few drops of this medical liquid.
- The curated ear drops come with a No sting veterinary formula that feels gentle inside the dog’s ear.
- Use this ear drop after bathing your dog or after they swam.
- The manufacturing plant is in the USA, where it comes out in smaller lots. The dedication to making every lot stands for its trusted high quality.
You May Also Read: 10 Best Peanut Butter For Dogs [Expert Picked]
4. Virbac EPIOTIC Advanced Ear Cleanser
The Epiotic advanced ear cleanser is another wonder in ear cleaning. Virbac launched this ear drop only to turn this into one of the most sought-after products by pet owners. The infection inside the dog’s ears is not limited in its type. There can be diverse types of ear infections that your dog can suffer from, out of which the Virbac EPIOTIC Advanced Ear Cleanser helps in dealing with a notorious one. Let us look into some of its characteristic features:
- The ear drop comprises one of the most trusted non-irritating solutions that appear gentle to your dog’s cute ears.
- You can use this ear drop as a part of your dog’s regular cleaning sessions.
- The Virbac EPIOTIC Advanced Ear Cleanser helps remove all the ear wax, and other dirt that hinders your dog’s hearing. While cleaning, it makes the ear canal dry and dust-free.
- Chronic otitis externa is the infection we were talking about earlier. The EPIOTIC Advanced Ear Cleanser facilitates the treatment of this infection that causes chronic inflammation inside the dog’s ear canal.
- The best part about the ear drop is its low pH. The lower pH ensures that the internal ear dynamics of your dog do not get hampered.
5. PetHonesty OTIC Dog Ear Cleaner
If you feel there is a shortage of brands for the best ear drops for dogs, you might not be correct. The OTIC Dog Ear Cleaner & Ear Health Support launched by PetHonesty is an excellent option for dog owners. The ear drop comes in a bottle with a squirt tip that facilitates easy application. Some of its features are:
- The squirt cap helps fill an ear drop that facilitates the cleaning of ears and eliminating odors from the ear.
- A little bit of massage at the bottom of the ear will facilitate smoother percolation.
- The presence of salicylic acid accompanied by an accurate pH balance ensures that your dog gets relief from itching problems. It helps flush out all the unwanted pests that cause inflammation, redness, and other infections.
- One of the very few ear drops that look after the moisturization of a dog’s ear is the OTIC Dog Ear Cleaner & Ear Health Support.
- The ear drop helps in keeping your dog’s ear dry and clean.
- The cleaning session would make your dog feel relaxed and make you happy in the process.
Also Read: Best Fish Oil For Dogs: Top Omega 3 Supplements We Recommend
6. Burt’s Bees for Dogs Natural Ear Cleaner
Here you have another emerging brand among the best ear drops for dogs that care for your dog’s sensitive ears. Most drops think about moisturizing your dog’s ear, but very few drops think of tackling the issue of extreme moisturization. The Dogs Natural Ear Cleaner by Burt’s bee looks into this intricate aspect.
- The ear cleaner will remove all the excess dirt and ear wax from your dog’s ear canals and make them dry. While cleaning, it will remove all the extra moisture that can cause inflammations and pimples inside the ear canal.
- The two main ingredients behind the making of this ear drop are peppermint and Witch Hazel. Peppermint aids in soothing irritation, while Witch Hazel eliminates the chances of excessive buildup.
- All you need is to squeeze around two to four drops inside your dog’s ear canal and see him smiling with relief. Use it twice a week for proper hygiene maintenance and best results.
- The ear drop is safe for both puppies and adult dogs.
- The dog’s natural cleaner is free of sulfates and colorants that might harm the dog’s skin and ear canal.
7. NaturPet Ear Drops for Dogs & Cats
NaturPet comes with an effective ear drop solution to deal with the problems related to a dog’s ear and its internalities. The unique part about this product launched by Naturpet is the 100% herbal ingredients. None of the elements of this solution have chemicals in any form and are entirely derived from plants. The natural ingredients won’t pose any harm to your dog’s health. The extended features are;
- The application of this drop will ensure that there are no excessive secretions along the ear canal. All the wax inside the ear canal smoothens and flushes out with ease.
- The presence of 100% natural herbs facilitates the optimal health of your dog’s ear.
- The drops feel warm inside the ear canal and thus relieve the suffering pup from all pain. The ear drop also eliminates all the syndromes associated with ear infections.
- The dry skin of your dog’s ears gets its much-needed dose of moisturization and softening. Your dog will no longer suffer from itching problems post softening.
- The ear drop is suitable for sensitive skin and regular use. After giving your pet a swim, you can use this as a part of your daily routine.
8. VETNIQUE LABS Oticbliss Medicated
The Oticbliss Medicated Ear Flush for Dogs is one of the new launches by Ventique Labs for treating ailing dogs. The ear drop is a trusted remedy to relieve your dog from itchy ears that keep their paws engaged at all times.
- The product contains aloe vera that helps maintain a smoother ear skin and germ-free ear canal. The ears always remain soft, with zero existence of any infection-causing germs.
- You will get rid of your pup’s smelly ears when you snuggle with them after using the Oticbliss Medicated Ear Flush.
- All the ear wax and other toxins smoothen after its application and finally flushes out with ease.
9. Paws of Kerry: Dog Ear Cleaner
Paws of Kerry came out with this reliable and trusted dog ear cleaner that assists in the daily hygienic maintenance of dogs. The effectiveness and trust derived from its use make it one of the best ear drops for dogs. The characteristics that come with these ear drops are;
- The ingredients behind making this product are naturally-derived. This allows an ear cleaning solution without irritation.
- The ear drops prevent ear wax residue, irritants, and toxins inside the ear canal.
- The application of this product will relieve your dog of the eat pain, inflammation, and redness that is giving him a hard time.
- The product feels non-greasy and is thus harmless for both small pups and adult dogs.
- A few drops of this product will smoothen the skin. The smoothening will relieve your dog of itching duties owing to existing dryness.
10. Arava Natural Ear Infection Treatment
The last name that made its way into the list of best ear drops for dogs is the Natural ear infection treatment by Arava. Arava launched one of a kind ear drop with antibacterial properties. But, unfortunately, it rarely makes any ear drop claim antibacterial and antifungal. Nevertheless, numerous dog owners trust this product for its rapid effect and long-lasting relief for their beloved pets.
- Sometimes your dog might suffer from acute ear inflammation, putting him in a lot of pain. This ear drop will give him the best relief and give back his joyful life in such a scenario.
- The product is made of dead sea minerals and natural active ingredients that facilitate the treatment of acute inflammations and hinder such chances in the future.
- The Arava Natural Ear Infection Treatment comes with the guarantee to show results within ten days of usage. Rarely does any ear cleaner brand show such confidence!
- Use their pet tear wipes with the ear drops for best results.
- They assure a 100% money-back guarantee if their product does not add to your pet’s hygiene and cleanliness.
The list of ten best ear drops for dogs will give you a broader spectrum to choose from. So do not wait anymore! Get a trusted brand and give your beloved dog a hygienic, clean, and infection-free life.
Also Read: 10 Dog Bones For Large Dogs [Vet-Recommended 2023]
Why Is The Need To Use Ear Drops For Your Dog?
Do you find your dog scratching his ears often? That might not be some skin issues bothering him or the untidy ear conditions like dirty ear canal etc. An unmaintained ear canal can even cause infections in their ears that require high doses of antibiotics. Thus, it would be best to think of a preventive measure that comes in the form of ear drops. Ear drops help keep your dog’s ear canal clean at all times. The medicated liquid kills the germs inside his ear and prevents any wax hindering his hearing capabilities. As a result, the chances of ear infections come down to nil.
Application Of Ear Drops On Your Dog’s Ears
The importance of ear drops makes it necessary to know their application. Before buying the best ear drops for dogs and learning how to apply ear drops, you must prepare your dog for the same. Try to accustom your dog to feel their ears getting touched and held. Often dogs do not like their ears getting touched due to their psychology of ear shyness. Thus, you need to handle their ears gently from time to time, with the love they crave for. If you have a puppy, the job becomes more accessible. You can get them habituated to feeling ear touches from their tender age. The real issue arises with the older dogs who have no habit of the same. They tend to move their heads away to prevent application. Here you might need a helping hand to hold their head still for proper application of ear drop.
Steps To Apply Ear Drop
So now you have bought the best ear drops for dogs available, but what’s next? You should know how to apply it. Right? The following steps will guide you through the complete procedure of using ear drops inside your dog’s ears;
1. Clean Your Dog’s Ears
Start by cleaning your dog’s ears for a clean canal to apply ear drops on. Talk to your vet about the infection levels of your dog and seek his assistance in cleaning the ear. The cleaner his ear is of the extra wax and discharge, the more will the ear drop percolate inside. When the wanted amount of ear drop seeps in, the job has a higher chance of fulfillment.
2. Get The Ear Dry
After you clean the ear with the cleaning liquid, next comes the time to dry it up. Use a ball of sterilized cotton wool to clean the loose wax around your dog’s ear. Try not to use your fingers as it might harm them accidentally.
3. Insert the Nozzle And Squeeze
Now it is time to apply the eardrop to your dog’s ear. Fill the nozzle with the required quantity of ear drop liquid and insert it into your dog’s ear canal. Squeeze the liquid out into the ear for disinfecting purposes. If the ear line looks oily, that shows your perfect dosage of the ear drop.
4. Give His Ears A Massage
Once you apply the ear drops, you must ensure that the medicine reaches the nooks and corners of your dog’s ears. A little massage can facilitate the cause where you need to place your thumb on top of the ear and the other fingers at the base. Now you need to massage the area with a circular motion gently. The massage will ensure that any residue wax gets cleared, and nothing stops the ear drop liquid from seeping down.
5. Allow Your Dog To Shake
Whenever a dog feels something on them or inside their ear, their instinct is to shake themselves up. Your dog will get a similar feeling when using the ear drop on him. Allow him to stand up and give himself a shake. The tremors will allow the medicine to reach as deep as it should. After he shakes, clean any excess oil across his ears with cotton wool.
6. Your Dog Deserves A Treat
You should treat your dog for their patience and allow them to do the necessary. Treating your dog will make him realize that another session like that will give him another treat to devour.
It is critical to keep your dog’s ears clean for their health. Dog ears are susceptible and play a vital role in your dog’s life. They not only allow them to listen but also aid in their equilibrium. Ear mites and canker are pretty frequent, and they should be treated right away. Ear problems like these can be aggravating and can transmit illnesses. Ear cleaning drops for dogs and puppies are simple to apply and effective. We hope our list of best ear drops for dogs mentioned above will help you choose the right one to keep your dog’s ear health in top shape.
Heather Abraham is a professional blogger who owns two dogs, a cat, a parrot, and a leopard gecko. She has a connection with animals since she was a child. She shares her love for all pet breeds and provides information on pet food, toys, medications, beds, and everything else.
She is committed to learning about the internal workings of animals. Her work permits her to work closely with knowledgeable vets and obtain practical expertise in animal care. When she is not working, her love of animals continues in her writing. Her goal is to educate and uplift readers who also have a passion for animals through her writing.