Have a cute and giant furry pal that needs its own den? Treat them with some extra love and an extra-large house too.
Often, dog owners don’t take the size of their dogs into consideration before building or buying an outdoor house for them. But here’s the thing: even though your buddy might love snuggling in small and warm spaces, it’ll never like being suffocated in a house too small for them. So get them an extra large and comfy dog house, and you’ll have your furry baby cheerful as ever.
But how do you choose the right extra large dog house? Which one has the perfect size and the best features? And which provides you true value for your money? With so many options on your plate, choosing the right dog house can be a bit daunting. But that’s precisely what we’re here to help with.
- Best Extra Large Dog Houses to Buy in 2023
- 1. Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel Outdoor House
- 2. Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses Weatherproof for Small Dog Medium Dog Large Dogs Outdoor Dog Kennel with Raised Feet
- 3. Petmate Precision Extreme Outback Log Cabin Dog House
- 4. Midwest Homes for Pets Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, No Tools Required for Assembly | Dog House Ideal for Large Dog Breeds, Beige (12EWDH-L)
- 5. Rockever Wood Dog Houses Outdoor Insulated, Weatherproof Dog Houses Outside with Door Cute Wooden
- 6. Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses Weatherproof for Small Dog Medium Dog Large Dogs Outdoor Dog Kennel with Raised Feet
Best Extra Large Dog Houses to Buy in 2023
These extra large houses comprises of all the variety, from plastic to wood and steel. Scroll below to read all about the six extra-large dog houses that have both rave reviews and features to die for. And then, choose the one that’ll make your buddy the happiest.
|Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel Outdoor House||• Waterproof|
• Large room and internal volume for your dog
• Easy assembly
|Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses||• Medium Dog Outdoor House|
• Durable Construction
• Easy Assembly
|Petmate Precision Extreme Outback Log Cabin Dog House||• Stainless-steel hardware|
• Barn-style dog houses
|Midwest Homes for Pets Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House||• Durable Constructed Quality Dog House|
• Large Opening & Spacious Interior
• For medium to large dog breeds
|Rockever Wood Dog Houses||• Easy to assemble|
• Easy to Clean
• Protect your pets against bad weather
|Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses||• Strong & sturdy for long-lasting protection|
• Durable Construction
• Easy Assembly
1. Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel Outdoor House
With spectacular reviews and superb quality; the Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel Outdoor house is an excellent and straightforward dog house for your beloved pet. It is waterproof and made of high-grade plastic. And most of all, it has enough room to fit most large dog breeds like Doberman and Great Dane.
If you’re looking for a lightweight, straightforward, and decently priced item, this is one of the best extra large dog houses. And even though some buyers have reported issues with the material, its large dimensions and ease of assembly make it worth considering.
Costing close to $200 and measuring 41 inches in length, 38 in breadth, and 39 in height, this doghouse has a lot to offer. Here are some of its features we loved:
If you’re looking for an outdoor dog house, there’s no way you’ll settle for one that doesn’t keep your dog safe during rains. But you won’t have to worry about that with this Confidence Pet doghouse. It has a specially engineered design that makes it perfectly waterproof and safe enough for your canine.
- Large Size and Entrance
If you’ve seen the dimensions of this doghouse mentioned above, you already know it’s decently sized for larger dogs too. But what we like is that it has a similarly large entrance, too, so your dog doesn’t have to squeeze while trying to get in.
- Air Vents
Confidence Pet has made sure to keep this dog house comfortable for your canine. It has two air vents, making sure your dog doesn’t feel suffocated while inside.
- This Outdoor dog house is easy to assemble; that’s something users have found particularly time-saving. Spend just 15-20 minutes on it, and it’ll be good to go.
- It’s great for large dogs.
- Some users have complained that the plastic body is too flimsy, which can create issues during assembly. Also, the thin plastic lacks insulating properties.
- It doesn’t have a door to lock your pet in.
2. Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses Weatherproof for Small Dog Medium Dog Large Dogs Outdoor Dog Kennel with Raised Feet
Available in 3 sizes ranging from small to large, the Petsfit wooden dog house promises to keep your dog safe and happy while it’s outdoors. This weatherproof dog house is sturdy and has some unique features that make it one of the best dog houses in the market.
Petsfit dog house is a great choice if you want a sturdy and long-lasting piece for your pet. Also, the choice of sizes makes it highly appealing no matter which dog breed you own. Trust us, at this price, it doesn’t get better than this.
The Petsfit dog, weighing about 60 pounds, has varying dimensions based on the size you choose. It has several features that we particularly liked.
- Durable Build
This outdoor dog house is built using high-quality Finnish spruce wood panels, making it one of the sturdiest dog houses under $300. It has stainless steel reinforcements that provide a solid skeleton for the wooden structure. Despite the steel and wood construction, however, the weight of the doghouse is light enough.
Nothing beats asphalt shingles when it comes to weatherproofing, and this doghouse uses just that for the roof. Also, since it has raised feet, water cannot enter it, and your dog won’t get wet even if it rains heavily and the grounds fill with puddles. It also has a door flap that you can close if the weather turns stormy.
- Good Ventilation
On those scorching and humid days, your dog deserves to have appropriate ventilation in its house. With this Petsfit one, ventilation isn’t an issue. Both the raised feet and removable roof allow for proper ventilation whenever needed.
- It is incredibly durable and long-lasting. And considering the price, this durability makes it a true catch.
- It is easy to assemble and even easier to maintain. The removable roof opens up, allowing you to clean it every now and then properly. This makes sure your fur baby stays hygienic and happy.
- It looks very classy and expensive because of the wooden build.
- Petsfit’s customer service is fantastic.
- The earlier versions of this dog house contained support beams across the floor, but recent buyers have noted the absence of these beams. Because of this, the floor of the dog house becomes flimsy.
- The walls of the dog house aren’t airtight, so you might need to install insulation.
Also Read: When Can A Puppy Have Free Range Of House?
3. Petmate Precision Extreme Outback Log Cabin Dog House
A heavy-duty dog house by Petmate Precision, this one is perfectly capable of accommodating your large dog. With its three different sizes, you are spoilt for choice. Petmate is a trusted name when it comes to pet products of a wide variety, and you can surely trust them with this extra large dog house too.
We know that you might have a naughty buddy who just likes to have fun or romp around often. And if that’s the case, you might have trouble making a dog house last. With this Petmate one, however, durability won’t be an issue. Its extra strong construction makes it a holy grail for large dog owners.
Petmate is the brand responsible for creating the first dog kennel. And since introducing it 50 years ago, they’ve continually improved and innovated when it comes to pet products. A range of features makes this dog house the best choice for your pup. So have a look at some of them and decide for yourself if it’s right for your furry pal.
- Strong Asphalt Roof
This doghouse has a slanted roof made of asphalt. This construction makes the dog house weatherproof and keeps rain and snow at bay, making both its life longer and your pet safer.
- Solid Construction
The Petmate doghouse is made of solid hardwood and steel framework. It has durable engineering and will last you pretty long. It also has a raised floor that is extra strong to bear your pet’s weight.
- Adjustable Feet
Do you have difficulty placing your outdoor dog house on an uneven surface? That won’t be a problem with this one. It has adjustable feet, so you can set its height depending on where you place it.
- It has a classy look with a wood finish and black accents.
- The three-step assembly makes it incredibly convenient.
- It is sturdy and can bear the weight of heavy dogs.
- Even though this doghouse’s roof is waterproof, buyers have complained of a lack of waterproofing on the body. You might need to add a layer of protectant after buying it.
- The extra-large size is slightly expensive.
4. Midwest Homes for Pets Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, No Tools Required for Assembly | Dog House Ideal for Large Dog Breeds, Beige (12EWDH-L)
Another excellent extra large dog house with raised feet, the Midwest Homes for Pets Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, is an innovative option for your giant fur buddy. Because of its unique assembly, it makes your life easier than ever. It weighs about 75 lbs and is perfect for almost all outdoor settings.
This Midwest Homes for Pets doghouse definitely has some rave-worthy features like adjustable feet. Such features make it both convenient for you and comfortable for your dog. So you can go for it without a second thought if you’re looking to save time on assembly and still have a durable dog house.
With dimensions 28. 94L x 45. 16W x 33. 12H, this extra large dog house is just what you’re looking for at a decent cost. Take a look at some features that make it all the more special.
- Unique No Tools Assembly
One of the best selling points of this outdoor dog house is its easy assembly. It doesn’t require any screws or tools. All you need to do is take it out of the box and unfold it. Then, you can set up your dog’s bed in it, and you’ll be good to go.
- Durable Construction
The entire dog house is constructed with wood and stainless steel. Needless to say, it’s highly durable and will last you a lifetime. And just because it’s made of wood doesn’t mean it isn’t water-resistant. The wood is stained, making it suitable for all the weather, including rain. Moreover, the roof is made of asphalt shingles, which further helps with waterproofing.
- Elevated Base With Adjustable Feet
Not only does the Midwest doghouse have an elevated base, but its feet are also adjustable. While the elevated base helps with ventilation and keeps your dog dry, the adjustable feet help you keep it leveled no matter where you place it.
- It has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, something that’ll surely come in handy if it malfunctions for some reason.
- It is incredibly spacious, and if you’re looking for an extra-large dog house, space is probably the most important consideration for you. With this dog house, you can rest assured that your baby will be perfectly comfortable.
- The pop-up assembly feature makes this dog house a true winner.
- Some buyers have complained about a pungent odor from the Midwest doghouse.
- Users have also reported a faulty floor design in some cases.
You May Also Read: 11 Household Items That Can Poison Your Dog
5. Rockever Wood Dog Houses Outdoor Insulated, Weatherproof Dog Houses Outside with Door Cute Wooden
If you’re looking for an all-rounder when it comes to an extra-large dog house, you’ve got one right here. The Rockever Wood dog house is weatherproof, insulated, and available in a range of different sizes, making it worth your money.
Besides, it has several features to rave about. The brand in itself is known to create excellent quality products for different pets, including dogs, cats, rabbits, hens, etc. It has a rating of 3.1 on amazon, clearly indicating that it’s a customer favorite too. Moreover, for the quality and features it offers, the price is fairly reasonable.
If you’re wondering what else is special about this doghouse, keep reading to know about some features we loved in the Rockever dog house.
- Sturdy Construction
The doghouse features a wooden construction with steel reinforcements. It also has strong metal hinges that keep the roof attached. These hinges won’t easily rust or break.
- Door Flap
It has a door flap that protects your little buddy and keeps it safe against rain or snow on those particularly tricky days.
This dog house has enough space to not only accommodate your large dog but also keep them comfortable and well-ventilated.
- Easy to Clean
Rockever has equipped this doghouse with a removable floor and an opening roof. This arrangement makes cleaning the dog house a piece of cake.
- It’s easy to assemble, and all you need are the very basic home repair tools to get it in place.
- It has a pleasant design and odor.
- You can color and customize this doghouse however you’d like.
- Even though it claims to be insulated, it isn’t fully insulated. You might need to install external insulation if you want added protection for your pet.
- The floor of the dog house has collapsed for some buyers.
6. Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses Weatherproof for Small Dog Medium Dog Large Dogs Outdoor Dog Kennel with Raised Feet
Looking for a classy, strong, and practical doghouse for your medium or large-sized pup? This one from Petsfit will perfectly float your boat. Dog owners have loved it for its durability and innovative outlook.
This Petsfit dog house is sure to impress you with its great design, reasonable price, and excellent quality. Buy this one if you want a perfectly sized and durable dog house.
Capable of bearing weights of up to 80 pounds, this Petsfit dog house comes in 3 different sizes ranging from small to large. Some of its most laudatory features include the following.
- Extra Strong Build
This dog house is made of anti-rot Finnish spruce panels and a steel framework. And these wooden panels are 12 mm thick to ensure durability. It also has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, so if you face any issues with durability, you can always contact Petsfit. If your pet doesn’t chew or damage the house, it should last over three years outdoors.
- Practical Design
Cleaning this Petsfit dog house is highly convenient for two reasons: both the roof and floor can open up when you need them to. The asphalt shingles roof is also slanted to avoid waterlogging. Moreover, the raised feet provide extra ventilation and keep your pup comfortable. The feet are also adjustable, allowing you to keep the dog house leveled even on rough surfaces outdoors.
- Easy Assembly
Petsfit has pre-drilled holes in this dog house, easing assembly for all dog owners. You’ll only need the very basic tools to get this dog house in shape and ready for your furry buddy.
- Support rails below the floor ensure that this dog house doesn’t collapse under the weight of your giant pet.
- It is painted with water-based paint and does not require additional protection from moisture.
- It doesn’t provide the best insulation, so you might need to insulate it separately in colder months.
- Some buyers have complained about manufacturing and design defects.
Now that you’ve seen all the best extra large dog houses and their pros and cons weighed, you should be ready to go shopping for a home for your favorite big pal. So don’t wait too long! Scroll back up and click on the doghouse you found best to shop it right away.
Heather Abraham is a professional blogger who owns two dogs, a cat, a parrot, and a leopard gecko. She has a connection with animals since she was a child. She shares her love for all pet breeds and provides information on pet food, toys, medications, beds, and everything else.
She is committed to learning about the internal workings of animals. Her work permits her to work closely with knowledgeable vets and obtain practical expertise in animal care. When she is not working, her love of animals continues in her writing. Her goal is to educate and uplift readers who also have a passion for animals through her writing.