Fish oil is one of the most beneficial supplements you may give your dog to enhance his diet. Your canine companion’s heart health is supported by fish oil. It also promotes a smooth coat, relieves itchy and flaky skin, and can aid in the relief of allergies and joint problems. It can even help strengthen their immune systems, which may assist them in the battle against canine cancer.
The reason for this is because fish oil includes omega-3 fatty acids, which are a necessary “good” form of fat that is beneficial to both your dog’s health and brain. Dogs, like humans, are unable to manufacture omega-3 fatty acids on their own and hence must obtain them from their diets. Let’s have a look at how you can add the best supplements to your dog’s diet –
- Best Fish Oil For Dogs
- #1. Zesty Paws Pure Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil for Dogs
- #2. Zesty Paws Omega-3 Alaskan Fish Oil Chew Treats for Dogs
- #3. Grizzly All-Natural Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon Oil Dog Food Supplement
- #4. Amazing Omega-3 for Dogs
- #5. Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet Oil Supplement
- #6. Pure Paw Nutrition Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
- #7. Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet – Special Dog Formula Fish Oil
- #8. LEGITPET Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
- #9. Omegease Omega-3, 6, and 9 Fish Oil for Dogs
- #10. NaturVet Omega Gold Plus Salmon Oil
- How should you include the best canine supplements in your dog’s diet?
- Benefits of Giving Fish Oil to Dogs
- What to Look For While Buying the Top Quality Fish Oil for Your Dog
Best Fish Oil For Dogs
Are you in search of the best fish oil for dogs? Well, then you are in luck! We have researched relaxing and enjoying more happy times with your beloved pet. So without further ado, let’s begin.
#1. Zesty Paws Pure Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil for Dogs
Zesty Paws fish oil is one of the best omega-3 supplements for dogs to provide the essential nutrients. A treat that your dog will happily jump for. It is made with Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon and includes omega-3 fatty acid to support the skin health of your buddy and provides power to its joints.
This premium fish oil contains EPA and DHA fatty acid that gives a healthy glow to your four-legged friend. In addition, it helps to moisturize the dog’s skin, resulting in a smooth and shiny coat. Will it be good for your dog? Yes! As it has no artificial flavors, preservatives, or synthetic colors. Bonus- It is for cats too! This is a fantastic option for owners who find capsules or tablets challenging to feed as you can mix it with any meal. No wonder this is the most popular fish oil for dogs.
- It has powerful omega-3 fatty acids.
- It helps boost your dog’s immunity.
- It leads to healthy and nourished skin with a shiny coat
- It is suitable with solid, liquid, and fried meals
- It is for small, medium, and large breeds
- It is not for sensitive dogs
#2. Zesty Paws Omega-3 Alaskan Fish Oil Chew Treats for Dogs
This is from the same brand as the first one but a little more fun to eat for your dog. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and Alaskan fish oil. It is prepared with the best nutrients for your dog because it deserves nothing less than that.
A chewy treat that has tons of benefits with delicious flavor is something your dog and its body will love. It contains Vitamin c, Vitamin E, Biotin, Zinc, Flaxseed meal, and cod liver oil for the health of your dog. In addition, it has natural chicken flavoring, which dogs love. Don’t prefer oil? Go for some chews!
- It has a variety of proteins.
- It contains omegas-3,6 and 9.
- It moisturizes your dog’s skin.
- It promotes bone health.
- It helps with mess-free feeding.
- Some complaints about the fish smell.
- It is expensive in comparison to other oil products.
Also Read: Ultimate Guide To Dog Health
#3. Grizzly All-Natural Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon Oil Dog Food Supplement
As a pet parents, we look for the healthiest and safest supplement for your dog. This Salmon oil supplement is well-balanced and contains the right amount of EPA and DHA, a high level of omega-3, and a low level of omega-6. With the highest level of omega-3, it is 40% stronger than other fish oils for dogs.
It helps to nurture the entire body of your best buddy. It works from your pet’s fur, skin to sharp vision, healthy organs, fertility, and even the nervous system. The bottles include an air-tight, medical-grade pump for the correct feeding measurements. Fish oil with the goodness of salmon and omegas is perfect for your mate.
- It promotes a lustrous coat.
- It has omega-3,6 and 9.
- It promotes heart and organ health.
- It has an air-tight pump for efficient measurement
- It is 100% sustainably sourced
- It is a little expensive.
- Some people complain about the strong smell.
#4. Amazing Omega-3 for Dogs
Further on our list, we have an Amazing Omega-3 supplement for dogs. This one is bacon-flavored chews that are effective. If it fails to show the result within 30 days, the brand will refund your money. These tablets are tested for purity and are well approved. Each serve provides 300 mg of omega-3 and other nutrients.
It reduces inflammation from bones and muscles and provides comfort to your dog. In addition, it treats skin conditions such as itchiness and flakiness while maintaining heart health and providing enough immunity to your dog at the same time. These bacon and liver flavor tasty, chewy tablets are the best omega-3 for dogs. Want a kick start for your buddy’s day? This product is suitable for you.
The dosage recommendation is 2-3 tablets daily
- It has 60 tablets per bottle.
- It has no fish smell.
- It is packed with nutrients
- It comes in bacon and liver flavors.
- There is a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Only chewies are available.
Also Read: Seven Dog Breeds With Short Lifespans
#5. Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet Oil Supplement
Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet Oil is for small breeds. It stimulates overall pet health and shape by providing pure omega-3 oil with anchovy and sardine oil. It has essential EPA and DHA fatty acid that helps to provide healthy skin, heart, joints, and immunity for your pet.
Nordic Naturals have better absorption and are sustainable and certified, making them reliable and trusted. This is an unflavored liquid supplement with award-winning omega-3 formula for the active and happy lives of your pet. Thus, this oil supplement has the goodwill and trust of many buyers worldwide.
- Non-GMO ingredients are used.
- Efficient EPA and DHA balanced.
- It is safe to use.
- It is pure and fresh.
- The bottle packaging can be inconvenient.
Also Read: Mange In Dogs: What Do You Need To Know
#6. Pure Paw Nutrition Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
For providing a nourishing and tasty treat to your dog, this Pure Wild Alaskan oil is a wise choice to make. This Salmon oil offers the right amount of omega to your dog, including EPA 10% and DHA 11% that helps cure your pet’s skin conditions.
Notice dry skin and flaky paws on your pet’s skin? This is the perfect choice of oil for you as it helps treat dry skin, leaving it healthy and nourished. Too many pet hairs in your room? This salmon is designed to control the shedding of your buddy and also increases energy, playfulness, and overall health. Is your pet messing around in your room? No worries. No more hair loss.
- It smoothes skin.
- It gives efficient results in no time.
- It relieves allergies.
- It promotes brain and heart health
- It has anti-inflammatory agents
- There can be packaging and shipping issues
#7. Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet – Special Dog Formula Fish Oil
Another excellent fish oil for dogs. This formula is made especially for dogs with Omega-3s, EPA, DHA essential for supporting skin, coat, bones, and overall Health in Triglyceride Form for efficient and Optimal Absorption of nutrients. This is an unflavored dog unique fish oil capsule packed in a bottle.
Nordic naturals practice ethical manufacturing not to harm the surroundings and are sustainable brands. You can use this fish oil to treat dogs and your cats. The dosage recommendation is according to the weight of your pet. Its natural and non-toxic formula helps with allergies and infections.
- It is an immunity booster.
- There are no toxins.
- It has non-GMO ingredients.
- Purity is guaranteed.
- It is produced with ethical practices.
- It can be expensive for a large size bottle.
#8. LEGITPET Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
This is the best omega-3 for dogs. It has pure fish Omega-3, 6, and 9 liquid fatty acids, which is considered one of the most effective skins and coat supplements. It helps regulate skin health, joints and muscles, fur, heart, and immune systems. Chews and tablets can be stressful to feed, but this oil is a better option as it comes with a pump attached on top and can be mixed up in your dog’s daily meals.
This mess-free oil product is free from toxins. It has maximum EPA and DHA that help to promote healthy heart function making your pet more active and energetic. In addition, it has FDA-registered facilities and is GMP certified, making it the best omega-3 supplement for dogs and helps build trust for customers.
- The packaging is simple.
- It helps reduce shedding.
- It is jam-packed with nutrients
- It is meant for small, medium, and large breeds.
- It shows effective and efficient results.
Also Read: Will Baking Soda Help My Dog Stop Itching?
#9. Omegease Omega-3, 6, and 9 Fish Oil for Dogs
This product is 100% Pure, natural omega-3, 6, and 9 Fish Oil for Dogs. It is another best omega-3 supplement for dogs. This fish oil helps to ease the painful joints of your pet. It is toxin-free and is 100% natural to treat your pet’s allergies. It is a pure, premium oil made from Wild Sardines, Anchovies, Herring, and Mackerel with EPA + DHA fatty acids for improved skin and shining coat.
This is an easy-to-use supplement as it has an air-tight pump and is free from fish odor. It helps thicken the fur, regulate blood pressure, support joints, overall heart and brain health, and treat skin-related conditions. In addition, this oil is nutritional and provides quick results, one of the best fish oils for dogs valued by many customers.
- It helps treat allergies.
- It helps thickens fur and reduce shedding.
- It aids in joint pain relief
- It helps smoothen skin and promote a healthy body.
- The pungent smell can be irritating.
Also Read: What Can I Give My Dog For Pain After Shots?
#10. NaturVet Omega Gold Plus Salmon Oil
Last but not least, the NaturVet Omega Gold Plus Salmon Oil lives up to its name with high quality and well-formulated chews of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids. They help stimulate the growth of your pet’s coat and provide sleek skin. NaturVet omega gold plus salmon oil is full of benefits and taste.
Salmon oil provides moisture to dry skin. These chews are wheat-free and provide good support to your dog’s joints and body because of minerals like omega-3 and omega-6. This product has been of good quality and demand for the last 20 years. Thus, these chews are so tasty that your dog would enjoy every meal.
- It is a good source of DHA and EPA.
- It helps nourish skin and a healthy body.
- It helps improve skin and creates a glossy coat.
- It can take a long time to show results.
How should you include the best canine supplements in your dog’s diet?
Canines, like humans, are unable to manufacture omega-3 acids on their own and must obtain them through their diet.
You can add omega-3 acids to your dog’s diet in three ways:
- It gives your dog food rich in fish oil.
- Whole fish can be given as a part of your dog’s diet.
- You can use fish oil to supplement your dog’s diet.
The last choice is the most advantageous because it is:
- Fish oil supplements are the most effective, as they are more potent than a whole-fish diet.
- Because the most excellent fish oil product for dogs does not include dangerous ingredients, it is the safest.
- In terms of dosing, this is the most precise method.
Benefits of Giving Fish Oil to Dogs
Supplementing with fish oil can help your dog in the following ways:
- Reduces Inflammation – Fish oil can aid in the treatment of arthritis, hip dysplasia, muscular spasms, and other joint inflammation in dogs.
- Maintains Shiny Coat and Reduces Shedding – Taking fish oil for just a few months can completely transform your pet’s appearance. It helps improve their coat and reduces shedding, especially if allergies are the culprit.
- Soothes Itchy Skin – In addition to fostering a healthy coat and skin, the finest fish oil for dogs’ skin can help alleviate some of the unpleasant effects of allergies and food intolerances, including dry skin, irritation, and dandruff.
- Provides Pain Relief – Fish oil’s anti-inflammatory properties can help relieve aching joints and muscular stiffness. This will allow your four-legged buddy to run and play pain-free.
What to Look For While Buying the Top Quality Fish Oil for Your Dog
Here are some helpful pointers for selecting high-quality fish oil:
- Look for supplements made from wild-caught fish. They are preferable to dog chow made from fish farms, including heavy metals and pollutants.
- Keep in mind bioavailability: There are three types of fish oil: natural triglyceride, ethyl ester oil (distilled with high amounts of EPA and DHA), and synthetic triglyceride oil. Natural triglyceride oil is the simplest to absorb and likely the finest fish oil for dogs (artificial and the least bioavailable of the three).
- Check if it was made in a country with stringent quality-control standards, such as the United States, Canada, Australia, or Western Europe. These countries ensure that their products are manufactured under strict health and safety regulations.
- Examine the ingredients, such as the quantities of EPA and DHA in the fish oil. You need to ensure that the dosage is appropriate for your dog. Take a look at the calorie count as well.
Is your dog’s coat appearing a little flat and dull? Are they scratching or shedding a lot? Are they having trouble with muscle stiffness and joint pain?
Fish oil supplements for dogs can help with these problems and more. The best fish oil for dogs contains essential omega-3 fatty acids that will help your dog live a longer, happier, and healthier life.
So pick any from the list above and watch your dog’s health, appearance, and temperament improve.
Heather Abraham is an owner of two dogs, one cat, a leopard gecko, and a parrot (who her dad still cannot teach bad words to), and an avid blogger. From the time she was a young girl, she always felt a connection with pets. She brings her love of every type of pet to you, with information on animal nutrition, medication, toys, beds, and everything else in between. Along with newly-on-board veterinarian DVM editor Elena, she puts pups first while offering other various fun tidbits along the way.