Are you someone who loves having dogs around them and, in truth, have one to brighten their days?
Then you must know that one of the primary things that your dog needs besides your love is a healthy diet. A healthy diet that appears tasty for them will add to giving them an active and disease-free life.
Dog Safe Peanut butter is one such ingredient that dogs love. It gives them their daily dose of essential nutrients like protein and vitamins. Consequently, peanut butter appears to be one of the best nutritional additions to a dog’s diet.
Moreover, as a dog owner, you know how important it is to treat your dog! They would do anything and everything you ask them to do, provided they see a piece of their favourite tasty treat in your hands. But, conversely, while treating your dog with peanut butter, you must ensure that you get peanut butter without xylitol. Xylitol is harmful to your dog and leads to serious health issues.
So, what peanut butter is safe for dogs? Of course, you must be in the sense of doubt concerning the best peanut butter that your dog will enjoy and gain positives from. But, do not worry, as your search ends right here! The following are some of the best peanut butter for dogs free of any harmful substances and preservatives and the best nutrient-rich food you can offer your dog.
- Top 10 Peanut Butter for Dogs
- #1. Amazon Brand – WAG TRAINING TREATS FOR DOGS -PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA
- #2. KONG – EASY TREAT DOG TREAT PASTE
- #3. BARK BISTRO COMPANY – HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER DOG TREATS
- #4. Pawstruck – PEANUT BUTTER FILLED COW HOOVES FOR DOGS
- #5. BUDDY BUDDER – Peanut Butter for dogs
- #6. GREEN COAST PET ALL NATURAL PAWNUT BUTTER FOR DOGS
- #7. BARK BISTRO COMPANY – 100% NATURAL DOG PEANUT BUTTER
- #8. BARK BISTRO COMPANY, BARKIN’ BANANA BUDDY BUDDER – 100% NATURAL DOG PEANUT BUTTER
- #9. CB’S NUTS ORGANIC CREAMUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER
- #10. DAWG BUTTER – 100% NATURAL DOG PEANUT BUTTER
- Why Should You Give Peanut Butter to Your Dog?
- Finding the Best Peanut Butter for Dogs?
Top 10 Peanut Butter for Dogs
#1. Amazon Brand – WAG TRAINING TREATS FOR DOGS -PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA
How can we start the list of best peanut butter for dogs without mentioning the Wag Training Treats for Dogs launched by Amazon? Wag launched these exclusive peanut butter bites for dogs, significantly smaller breeds. The main objective of this peanut butter treat is to help train dogs about their expected reactions and teach them mannerisms.
- The small treat bites will be the perfect reward for your adorable little pup when they fulfil every direction you give.
- The number one ingredient in this happens to be the presence of American chicken, with the exotic addition of peanut butter and banana flavors made of ground peanuts and dried bananas.
- The product contains no artificial substances and added colors or flavors. Even artificially added soy, wheat, and corn are not a part of it. Instead, the natural ingredients of this product make it the best for your little dog.
- The Wag Training Treats for Dogs is a product of the best substances in the USA, with a one-year guarantee. In case of any discrepancy, you can return the product within a year of purchase. The time limit itself is a guarantee for its authenticity and quality.
#2. KONG – EASY TREAT DOG TREAT PASTE
Do you give treats to your dog, but your dog denies having them? This is a challenging situation to deal with. You cannot train your dog correctly without rewarding them with a treat of their liking. This is what brings us to our second option on this list- KONG – Easy Treat – Dog Treat Paste – 8 Ounce (2 Pack). The dog treat paste by Kong is the perfect ingredient that can make a standard and distasteful treat make your dog drool over. The paste comes frozen with peanut butter’s unique and delicious taste. The exotic taste will make your dog follow every instruction of yours and get trained the way you want him to.
- As mentioned earlier, the delicious paste will make your dog love every treat you offer. What better than seeing that bright smile and wagging tail when you reward them with their favorite treat?
- The dog paste comes in a sealed can that prevents any mess. You can spray the paste on your dog’s treat without the fear of polluting or dirtying the surroundings.
- Your dog loves playing with the toys you buy for them. Here you can spray the dog-safe peanut butter paste and keep them engaged with the toy they are biting on. Such an act will divert your dog’s attention to the toy and allow you to complete your work without any hassle.
- The paste is one of the Best options for engaging your dog in a fruitful training session.
- As a product of the USA, you can stay worry-free of any harmful substances and artificial additions.
#3. BARK BISTRO COMPANY – HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER DOG TREATS
Next comes on this list is a delicious jar of dog-safe peanut butter by Bark Bistro that can get your much-loved dog drooling. This is peanut butter without xylitol that makes it one of the safest you can have for your dog. In addition, peanut butter is rich in protein, vitamins, and other necessary nutrients that can give your dog a healthier life. Consequently, the administration of this peanut butter does not limit to any specific dog breed but all breeds.
- Store the peanut butter in a refrigerator for a thicker consistency. This will help in retaining the nutrients in the peanut butter.
- Honey, peanuts, and bacon are the only ingredients behind making this one of the best peanut butter for dogs. There is no presence of xylitol, fructose syrup, salt, stabilizers, or harmful preservatives in the peanut butter. The originality of its ingredients is its signature mark.
- Consult the vet for the quantity of peanut butter you can give, depending on whether you have a pup or a fully-grown dog. Help fill their tummies with this delicious treat and find them licking their mouths!
- You can serve it to your dog via spoon, some toy, a bowl, or any mode you prefer. The flexibility in serving makes it easier to feed your dog.
- The ingredients come from the USA that certifies its authentic nature.
#4. Pawstruck – PEANUT BUTTER FILLED COW HOOVES FOR DOGS
Are you looking for the perfect treat for your dog that will also act as a preventive measure against their tooth decay? The Peanut Butter Filled Cow Hooves for Dogs is the ideal alternative you are looking for. Pawstruck launched these beautiful bites in the shape of hooves for a dog to chew upon. The peanut butter filling inside acts as an addition to make the chewy treat full of protein, vitamins, and other nutrients.
- The quality of the product is something Pawstruck never compromises on. The peanut butter is of the highest quality groundnuts, so that it does nothing but good to your dog. Any peanut butter with artificial preservatives and added substances can affect your dog’s health.
- Inspectors from Midwest USA adjudicated the Peanut Butter Filled Cow Hooves as the safest for dogs.
- This peanut butter bite is one of the rarest treat bites that care about your dog’s dental conditions. The complex nature of these dental chews helps remove all the tartar and plaque from the dog’s teeth, leading to better teeth conditions. So, the next time you find your pup chewing on them, let them continue only to find sparkling white teeth in a while.
- Pawstruck launches its product in bulk that costs less than other products for people who worry about the exorbitant prices.
#5. BUDDY BUDDER – Peanut Butter for dogs
When it comes to the peanut butter jars for your dog, nothing ranks higher than the ones by Buddy Budder. The peanut butter is of high quality and authentic groundnuts, associated with pumpkin as an addition. The addition of pumpkin to the peanut butter makes it tastier for your pet to relish.
- The peanut butter is suitable for dogs of all breeds and every size. Make sure you refrigerate it for continuous consistency.
- Peanut butter, honey, pumpkin, and cinnamon are the four ingredients behind making this peanut butter. No added sugar, fructose syrups, stabilizers, or salt are a part of it. This is one peanut butter without xylitol.
- Your dog can enjoy this peanut butter through the spoon, bake treats, lick mats, frozen treats, etc., everything that they can eat.
- As a product of one of the best makers in the USA, its authenticity and high quality are unquestionable.
#6. GREEN COAST PET ALL NATURAL PAWNUT BUTTER FOR DOGS
If you feel that the range of best peanut butter for dogs ends with Buddy budder, then you might be wrong. Another brand that made one of the best peanut butter for dogs is Green Coat Pet. As against typical peanut butter, they named their peanut butter “Pawnut butter” to showcase their love for dogs. The “Pawnut butter” by Green Coast Pet is peanut butter without xylitol, making it safe for your dog. In addition, the Pawnut butter texture is wet, which helps your dog lick off the butter with ease.
- The peanut butter comes in a one-pound jar with a green cap.
- You can apply this peanut butter on the mats and toys your dog plays with. This will ensure that your dog gets its taste, along with the rich goodness of necessary nutrients.
- The peanut butter is free of any added preservatives, extra sugar, salt, or oils that can inflict harm on your dog.
- Peanuts and Flaxseeds are the only ingredients behind making this high-quality peanut butter.
- The application of peanut butter is one of the best ways to make your dog consume pills. Apply a little on the sour pills your dog hates, and he will eat it readily.
- The “Pawnut butter” by Green Coast Pet is an excellent source for Ala Omega Three besides good protein.
#7. BARK BISTRO COMPANY – 100% NATURAL DOG PEANUT BUTTER
The back bistro company launched this unique peanut butter under the brand name of Buddy Budder that can get any dog drooling. Peanut butter is suitable for every dog breed, and the age or size of the dog is not a matter of concern. The sole objective of the peanut butter is to ensure that your dog gets his daily dose of nutritional and protein requirements throughout the day. This will make him immune to diseases and keep him strong and healthy.
- The ingredients of this high-quality peanut butter consist of peanuts, honey, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
- There is no Xylitol, Fructose syrup, Hydrogenated oil, palm oil, extra sugar, or other unhealthy preservatives. The absence of such materials stands up for the purity of this product.
- The perfect partner for your dog’s toys where you can apply it on their bone marrows, lick mats, lick pads, and other playable items. You can add it to the fruits they consume, like apples and bananas, which will add to their nutrient intake.
- If your dog hates taking pills, make them fall in love with the same with the help of this peanut butter. Apply a little over the medicine pill and witness them enjoy the item they hate the most.
#8. BARK BISTRO COMPANY, BARKIN’ BANANA BUDDY BUDDER – 100% NATURAL DOG PEANUT BUTTER
Another variant of Peanut butter launched by Back Bistro company under the brand name of Buddy Budder is the Barkin’ Banana Buddy Budder. This peanut butter fits every breed and does not matter for the breed type. As one of the best peanut butter for dogs, the Barkin’ Banana Buddy Budder vouches to be dog-safe peanut butter. Peanut butter is safe for dogs ensures that it contains no such substances that can harm the dog in any way.
- The Barkin’ Banana Buddy Budder ingredients consist of peanuts, banana, honey, and chia seeds. There is no xylitol, high fructose corn syrup, salt, palm oil, or any other substance detrimental to the dog.
- Make sure you refrigerate the peanut butter for better thickness and consistency.
- You can give this peanut butter to your dog through their favorite treats, bone marrow toys, or other kinds of stuff they spend their time with.
- The perfect solution is to make your dog consume the necessary pills to heal their illnesses.
- As a product of the USA, the ingredients are natural and of high quality.
Also Read: Boswellia For Dogs: Best Benefits Revealed!
#9. CB’S NUTS ORGANIC CREAMUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER
When it comes to the options of peanut butter brands for dogs, there are a few trusted and qualified ones. Other than Black Bistro’s Buddy Budder, CB is another trusted company. The CB’s Nuts Organic Creamunchy Peanut Butter is dog-safe peanut butter many dog parents trusts for their loved dogs. Such peanut butter forms an integral part of the dog’s diet, giving it all the necessary nutrients it needs for healthy survival. Nobody wants their dog to be suffering from malnutrition and lethargy. A good diet added with the goodness of this fit item can do wonders in giving your dog a happy and energetic life.
- The peanut butter comes in a jar with a weight of 12 ounces, the perfect quantity for lasting long.
- The makers claim that they make this peanut butter out of groundnuts still warm. The mention of warm nuts makes it unique, indicating its purity and authenticity.
- The CB’s Nuts Organic Creamunchy Peanut Butter is without xylitol, fructose sugar syrup, salt, or any extra preservatives that can harm the health of your dog.
- The peanut butter carries USDA organic certification that supports its use of organic elements in preparing the butter.
#10. DAWG BUTTER – 100% NATURAL DOG PEANUT BUTTER
Last but not least, Paw Power Nutrition brings high-quality peanut butter for your beloved dog. If you do not prefer the above options, you can opt for this. The Dawg Butter claims to be 100% authentic dog peanut butter that includes it among the best peanut butter for dogs. This peanut butter is available in two different flavors; the first one happens to be the original flavor of peanut butter, while the second variant consists of pumpkin poppers. There is no limitation of dog breeds, their age, and sizes for the consumption of Dawg Butter. Let’s look into some of their features;
- The Paw Power Nutrition is one of a kind that produces nutritional foods for dogs and supports the cause for their well-being. They make sure that they make a monthly donation for dogs’ survival, food, and stay around the United States Of America. The good deed itself is a significant propeller for dog lovers like you to play your part. Buying their peanut butter will provide a nutritional supplement for your dogs and give other dogs around the states a good and healthy life.
- Do not feed your dog regular peanut butter for humans. Peanut butter contains preservatives and other additives like sucrose, fructose, salts, etc. Consumption of the same can harm the well-being of your dog. Thus, make sure you give them branded peanut butter for dogs like the Dawg Butter. The Dawg butter is free of any oils, salts, and harmful preservatives, with a focus on your dog’s health and safety.
- Your dog would love to taste such peanut butter. Apply the peanut butter on your dog’s toys, food, etc., to make them tasty. Do not forget to add peanut butter to your medications. Feeding them medicines is no more an arduous task.
- Peanut butter is a product of small batches that ensure the freshness of the product.
After going through the above options of Peanut butter, your question concerning “what peanut butter is safe for dogs?” might have an answer. Make sure you provide them with good-quality peanut butter to support their nutrition. Consequently, the sole consumption of peanut butter is not a good option for their diet. They need other necessary food items regularly, with peanut butter being a nutritional addition. Besides feeding them well, you need to take care of their health and well-being. Give them their vaccines, and make sure you fill them with love. These harmless and innocent animals understand nothing better than the language of love.
Why Should You Give Peanut Butter to Your Dog?
Here are a few good reasons to give your dog peanut butter with no added sugar and no xylitol as a reward:
#1. Healthy fats
Peanut butter is high in heart-healthy fats. These fats are necessary for the maintenance of healthy, well-balanced skin. It can also help your dog’s dry coat and inflamed skin. Since peanut butter is high in good fats, a small bit is all that is required to get the right amount into your four-legged friend’s body.
There is no denying the fact that protein is an essential part of your dog’s diet. It will ensure that your dog can grow healthy muscles and restore those muscles. Protein also aids in the immune system’s function. Your dog will most likely get enough protein from their regular food. This is why peanut butter should be considered a treat rather than nutrition. Peanut butter is a simple way to boost your dog’s protein intake.
Niacin, often known as vitamin B3, is very good for dogs. It is capable of converting carbohydrates and fats into usable energy. If your dog requires additional power, niacin is another option, which you can find in peanut butter. Niacin is also suitable for a healthy digestive system. It is responsible for producing stomach acids and bile, which are powerful antibacterial agents.
Finding the Best Peanut Butter for Dogs?
Checking the ingredient list on the peanut butter is critical for your pet’s safety. The peanut butter you use in the kitchen may be harmful to your dog. Xylitol is the crucial component to seek for. Many types of peanut butter contain xylitol, a sugar alternative. It is entirely safe to eat for humans. However, it is pretty hazardous for dogs. So always look for the peanut butter without xylitol. There are plenty of such options mentioned in the list above. While buying the peanut butter to feed your dog, always check the labels to ensure that it’s safe. Also, consider talking to the vet to check if your dog is allergic to something.
Dogs are one of the biggest human fascinations they want as their furry friends. They become the perfect partner we humans search for around us. They exist not just like our pets but as our family members and that irreplaceable character in our daily lives. Their loyalty and unmatched love for us is something we rank above the rest. Thus, when it comes to their happiness, we endeavor to do our best for them. As a dog lover and owner of your beautiful pet, I’m sure you can relate to everything mentioned above.
The majority of dogs love peanut butter. Since it is high in protein, niacin, and omega-3 fatty acids, they will enjoy the taste and the benefits it provides to their bodies. So always look for the best peanut butter for dogs to feed your loyal buddy! So take care of their nutritional needs with peanut butter.
We hope that the above information proves a guiding light to give your dog the best life he deserves.
Heather Abraham is an owner of two dogs, one cat, a leopard gecko, and a parrot (who her dad still cannot teach bad words to), and an avid blogger. From the time she was a young girl, she always felt a connection with pets. She brings her love of every type of pet to you, with information on animal nutrition, medication, toys, beds, and everything else in between. Along with newly-on-board veterinarian DVM editor Elena, she puts pups first while offering other various fun tidbits along the way.